- Click here to go to Google Analytics.
Note: If you have a Google account, and are not signed in, click Sign in. If you do not have a Google account, click Create an account.
- Once you have signed in to your Google account, click Access Google Analytics.
- Click Sign up.
- Fill in your Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, and select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Options, check the boxes next to the options that you want.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- From the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement that opens, click I Accept.
- Add the Tracking ID to your service ticket.
Get started with Analytics
To start collecting basic data from a website or mobile app:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account:
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Do one of the following:
- To create an account, click Start for free.
- To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or app, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
- Set up a reporting view in your property. Views let you create filtered perspectives of your data; for example, all data except from your company’s internal IP addresses, or all data associated with a specific sales region.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your website or mobile app so you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Configure your account, properties, and views to determine access to your data and which data is available.
For example, you can:
- Grant permissions to make configuration changes and to interact with data. Learn more about user management.
- Link your Google Ads and Analytics accounts so you can share data between them and develop a more comprehensive understanding of how your marketing efforts drive user behavior on your sites or apps. Learn more about linking your accounts.
- Set up reporting views so you can align Analytics users and relevant data. Learn more about views.
- Set up goals to identify the actions you want users to take on your site or app, and to give a monetary value to those actions. Learn more about setting up goals.
- Browse the Solutions Gallery for dashboards, custom reports, and segments that you can use in your Analytics account.
Modify your tracking code to collect additional data such as:
- User interactions with links, buttons, video controls, and other dynamic elements of your site or app. Learn more about event tracking.
- Ecommerce activity like user engagement with product lists and internal promotions, and how successfully users moved through your purchase funnel and checkout process. Learn more about ecommerce and enhanced-ecommerce data collection and reporting.
Download the Analytics app
Once you have installed the tracking code on your site or app, and have configured your Analytics account, download the Analytics app from Google Play so you can take Analytics reporting with you anywhere (well, anywhere you have a connection).
Learn more about the Analytics app